Sunday, December 4, 2011

DIY Fabric Ornaments

 Over the weekend my sisters and I, along with my niece, made some fabric ornaments. I love the way fabric ornaments look. So vintage...with the right fabric that is!


This have been done before and I'm sure you'll be able to find a lot of different ways to do it on the internet. Here are my steps:

What you will need:

  • Scissor 
  • Fabric 
  • Ribbon or twine 
  • Pins 
  • Glue gun 
  • Styrofoam balls 

Cut your fabric into strips about .5 inch thick. The length should be about a yard long (buy a yard of fabric and cut along the longest side). Put a tiny dab of glue using your glue gun onto the styrofoam ball and put the fabric on.


Roll your fabric onto the ball. You will notice that by criss crossing the fabric, it is much easier to keep the fabric in place. Cover the entire ball with fabric...make sure the foam isn't showing. Glue the end of the fabric to the ball.


Using ribbon or twine, make a loop and knot the ends. Stick a pin threw the knot and push down. And there you have it! It's super easy and will look great on your tree. You can use any fabric you like. I love the look of canvas, linen, and burlap (going for a vintage theme this holiday season!). My sisters used different color ribbons and added rhinestones to the ornaments. The possibilities are endless!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Valley Furniture
American Green Realty
LuvFab Clothing Accessories Beauty SupplyBeauty by Threading